Monday, September 10, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart


We finally made it to the Point Pleasant Beach boardwalk yesterday for our annual stroll on the boardwalk with a stop at the funnel cake booth.  There aren't many things unhealthier for you on the boardwalk than funnel cake but splitting one with someone once a year can't be that bad.  It has to be better than "dipping dots" ice cream.  What is that anyway? And why would anyone pick that instead of a Kohr's custard which is at the booth right next door?    

I needed a dessert to serve to guests we had staying down the shore with us this weekend.  Because I made an Oreo crust instead of a chocolate dough crust it made it much more manageable for me.  This goes a long way since it is very rich but so delicious.  The filling is adapted from Martha Stewart Living, August 2012.

Ingredients:
2 cups crushed Oreos
5 tbsp melted butter
1-1/3 cup melted peanut butter, divided
12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup heavy cream

Directions
Mix crushed Oreos and melted butter together in a bowl.  


Pour into tart pan and press with fork on bottom and sides until tart shape is formed.


Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and let the tart cool for 30 minutes.  While the tart is cooling melt 1 cup of peanut butter in microwave safe measuring cup for 2 minutes on low power.


Pour over cooled tart and spread so chocolate bottom is covered with peanut butter.


Microwave heavy cream until just before boiling about 1 minute.  Add chopped bittersweet chocolate and mix until chocolate and cream are combined and chocolate is all melted and shiny.


Pour chocolate ganache over peanut butter and smooth over entire tart.  Melt the remaining 1/3 cup peanut butter in microwave and pour into a zip lock bag.  Snip the end of the bag and pipe in diagonal lines onto the chocolate while the chocolate is still warm.   Take a toothpick or wooden skewer and go through the peanut butter in lines in the opposite direction.  Don't put your toothpick down too far or it will disturb the chocolate. You just want to create a design in the peanut butter.


Cool for at least an hour before slicing.  

Enjoy!  Susan

www.gooseberrypatch, http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com

21 comments:

  1. This is my kind of dessert! Yum!

    Glad that I found your blog. Now following you at blogger and Pinterest :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I love peanut butter and chocolate together. Thanks for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, I may have to break my diet for this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what I would call Heaven in a pie crust! Pinning :)

    Thanks so much for sharing this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! And the way you decorated it is gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your recipe! Would you come over to Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind The Curtain and share your recipe with us? Thanks, I hope to see you there!
    ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/cast-party-wednesday-link-party-58/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So easy to make! So delicious to look at...must be yummy to eat!

    I would love to invite you to post this over at my link party on The Purple Pumpkin Blog! Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yummy! I've pinned it for later! Found your post from the Lil Luna party, thanks for sharing.
    Anna @ Bean Bug Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great recipe! If you haven't already, love for you to link this recipe (and a couple others if you'd like!) to Wonderful Food Wednesday at http://www.athometake2.com. Hope to see you there!

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. this tart looks wonderful! such a great flavors!!! my family would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is not only gorgeous it has all my favorite flavors,saw it at Miz Helen's.I'm new follower...and I am "pin" n' so I can copy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesome. thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come back and vote on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing! I love peanut butter :-)
    Thanks for sharing at the strut your stuff party. Please join my link party at http://krumblecakesandsweets.blogspot.com/2012/09/link-up-party-hop-to-my-blog-and-show.html

    See you there! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful tart, can't wait to have a nice slice of this yummy treat. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I would love a giant slice of that awesome looking tart!!! Peanut butter and chocolate is my choice any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susan,
    This looks super delicious! Can't go wrong with PB & Chocolate. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a great day :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy, I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you link up again this week. The party will be live tonight. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks ridiculously good! Oh my! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's chocolate, it's peanut butter, it's a tart, it's for me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. G'day! Love your step by step photos and could go for some right now!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://whatsonthelist.net
    Viewed as part of the Foodie Friends Friday Peanut Butter Party

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...